This program is designed to address the needs of individuals who have entered the court system for a variety of offenses. The broad scope of the curriculum addresses issues most commonly encountered by offenders. By building a new foundation based on acceptable values, attitudes and behavior, participants learn how to avoid negative influences, handle stress and take responsibility for their behavior. This skills-based program is highly effective with first-time offenders.
During the Misdemeanor Offense program, participants will:
1. Understand the process of changing negative behavior.
2. Discover how attitudes can override values.
3. Learn how to avoid negative influences.
4. Develop a plan to alter present negative behavior.
5. Establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
6. Make a firm commitment never to repeat as a criminal offender.